Easy Homemade Chicken Francesa Recipe
Chicken Francesa Recipe :
Chicken Francesa Ingredients :
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup milk, or as needed
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 ounce brandy-based orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier®), or to taste
Chicken Francesa Directions :
- Eliminate the tenderloin from each chicken half. Fillet each chicken half into 2 slices. Pound each piece of chicken, like the tenderloins, to 1/4-inch thickness. Place chicken in a dish and pour in enough milk to totally cover chicken; soak for 30 minutes.
- Mix bread crumbs, Pecorino Romano cheese, and parsley together in a bowl. Remove chicken from milk and dredge through bread crumb mixture until each piece is evenly coated.
- Heat olive oil in a sizable skillet over medium heat; cook chicken in the hot oil until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a baking dish.
- Transfer chicken to the prepared baking dish, reserving 1 tablespoon olive oil in the skillet. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Place 1 slice lemon onto each chicken piece.
- Pour wine to the skillet with reserved olive oil; bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits of food off of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add white wine and chicken broth and boil until reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour wine mixture over chicken and drizzle brandied orange liqueur over each.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no more pink in the middle and sauce is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
Easy Homemade Chicken Francesa Recipe |