Homemade Mexican Street Corn Nachos Recipe
Homemade Mexican Street Corn Nachos :
Homemade Mexican Street Corn Nachos Ingredients :
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, thinned with a little water for drizzling
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes
Homemade Mexican Street Corn Nachos Directions :
- In a big saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the frozen corn and cook before corn is lightly browned (about 10 to 15 minutes; stir regularly).
- Remove from the warmth and transfer to a bowl. Add the mayonnaise and mix well. Set aside.
- Back in the saucepan, heat the cream and milk and slowly add the cornstarch. Stir until it’s smooth and simmering. Add the Monterey Jack cheese and stir continually because it melts.
- Spread the tortilla chips on a big serving plate. Pour the cheese sauce over the chips. If it appears too thick, add a tad bit more cream; if it appears too thin, cook it only a little more. You’ll need a consistency that can be poured.
- Spoon the corn on the top of cheese and chips. Drizzle the thinned sour cream on the top of corn.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese on the top of sour cream. Add cayenne pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the cilantro on top.
- Cut the limes into wedges and arrange them round the edges of the plate so guests can use as desired.
Incoming recent recipes:
Homemade Mexican Street Corn Nachos Recipe |