How to Make Stuffed Shells with Ground Beef
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/4 pounds ground pork
- 1 1/4 cups fresh ricotta
- 3/4 cup panko
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt
- 4 1/2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh lightly salted mozzarella, torn
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the shells until they are al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain well and transfer to a baking sheet to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pork, ricotta, panko, garlic, egg, Parmigiano, the 1/2 cup of parsley, 1/4 cup f the cream, 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mix the marinara sauce with the remaining 1/4 cup of cream. Spoon half of the sauce into a 9-by-13-inch oval baking dish. Stuff each shell with a heaping tablespoon of the filling and nestle in the sauce. Spoon the remaining sauce over the shells and scatter the mozzarella on top.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer, until bubbling and
the pork is cooked through. Let stand for 10 minutes, then garnish with parsley and serve.
How to Make Stuffed Shells with Ground Beef |