How to Make Teriyaki Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons sake
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large Italian frying peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- Steamed short-grain rice, for serving
- Inside a medium saucepan, combine the chicken stock using the soy sauce, sugar, mirin and sake and provide a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the high temperature to moderate and simmer before teriyaki sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup and syrupy, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper. Inside a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of your oil. Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned through out and cooked through, 8 to 9 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the plate and let represent 5 minutes.
- Wipe out of the skillet. Add the rest of the 1 tablespoon of oil and warmth until shimmering. Add the pepper strips and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Transfer the peppers to plates. Slice the chicken breasts crosswise and transfer towards plates. Drizzle the teriyaki sauce on the chicken and serve with rice.
Incoming recent recipes:
How to Make Teriyaki Chicken with Teriyaki Sauce |